Stomp them, crush them and make some wine at the 2018 Grape Stomp!
Find a stomp partner and start practicing for the Grape Stomp Contest to be held on Saturday, October 13th at 3:30 p.m. and on Sunday, October 14th at 12:30 pm.
Challenge is to see which team can stomp the best to fill the carafe below the barrels and win the 1st place prize. 2nd and 3rd place does not go home empty handed!
- Cost is $15 CASH per team.
- Each team consists of 2 persons, a stomper and a swabbie.
- Maximum number of teams is (9) nine
- You must be 18 years of age or older to participate.
- All team members are required to sign the Grape Stomp Waiver-Release.
- Only teams that submit the cash entry fee of $15 per team and sign a waiver-release will be officially entered into the competition.
- The stompers stand in the barrels and flatten the grapes with their bare feet. The swabbies stand below the barrels and catch the juice with a carafe. The team whose carafe has the most juice after stomping for 1:30 minutes is the winner and advances to the final round. There will be four rounds. The winners of the first three rounds will compete in the 4th round to determine the 2018 Grape Stomp Champion Team.
- First, Second and Third place winners in the Championship round will receive a gift.
There are only 3 barrels so the first 9 teams to sign up and pay the cash entry fee will participate. If you are not one of the first 9 teams to register, you will be added to the “alternate” list.
Sign up your team at the table near the Wine Barrel stage and main stage. Sign up opens on Saturday at 2:30 pm and closes 3:15 pm. On Sunday, sign up opens at 11:30 am and closes at 12:15.
The teams will start lining up at the barrel stage located next to the main stage 15 minutes before the event (Saturday at 3:15 and Sunday at 12:15). If your team is not at the stage 15 minutes before the event, your spot will be forfeited to an alternate team and your fee will be returned to you. (Alternate teams are those that sign up after the first 9 teams).
So take off those shoes (and socks) and be ready to stomp them, crush them and make some wine!